Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good Friends, Good Times

So following up to the last post. What makes me being a mother easy-er. Well of course there is amazing husband/dad who takes care of us so well as I have mentioned in various past posts. As Eric now puts it... 'I am married to the legend that is, Eric Lawrence'. And then there is my mom who is and will be forever my go to gal, for stinkin' everything from Dr. Mom questions to 'how the heck do I deal with this kid' problems and everything in between. She's awesome. And my Grandma who gets the frequent phone call starting with, 'is this Grandma's diner', or 'Chef Shirl, I have a question. I'm trying to make this meal, and it's not working, can you help me?' She's so goof to teach me how to cook even if she lives 300+ miles away. Family is priceless and there is nothing better in life that is for sure.

And the other kind of glue that holds me together is good friends. I am lucky enough to have a plethora ;) of good friends in my life, varying in all aspects and points of view. They all contribute so much to my life and keep me grounded in my thinking and my actions.

Today I'd like to thank my "mom group" of friends. These moms came into my life about a year and a half ago when Ty started preschool. They had a playgroup already in place and kindly accepted me and my kids into it. We quickly became good friends and over the months had many activities and fun times together. There have been some fun girls night outs, and one very cold GNO because we stayed outside the movies talking for 2 hours in 36 degree weather! Just this past summer 3 of our families went camping in Tahoe. We spent the 4th of July at Erin's annual get together. We went Christmas caroling together and this weekend... it's bowling time with the families. These women are extraordinary and so genuine. When I am with them I know I can talk about anything serious, or funny or completely off the wall and we will have a great time. Our kids all get along so well and range in age from 8 all the way down to Anders who is 2 days younger than Austin, and we'll have one more little one join us next July. When we are together we all help each other out, even though most of the time it's people helping me as I try to gather all three kids up, but regardless, the actions are done without request, but because we are all helping each other make it in motherhood. Three of us share an interest in business as Lindsey is in marketing, Lisa is advertising and I've got my photography. It's fun to have someone understand splitting your time between motherhood and business and being able to share our experience there. So I am grateful for these women. I know I can count on them for anything.

And now to lighten things up. Yesterday we all went to Bounce U, and indoor arena full of inflatable toys. My kids absolutely love that place. We went to support Lindsey's launch of her So. Placer Family Life Magazine, which if you haven't seen, you need to. Not only because I'm in it, but because it has great things for your family to do and see in So. Placer. If you need one, let me know. But anyway, we all had a great time letting our kids run around while we chatted. Here are some fun videos of the boys jumping down the huge inflatable slides. I don't know where the girls went, but I'll get video of them next time. By the way Tanner has no fear.



No comments: