But even with the gross runny, stuffy, yucky bug-o that I have I can't stop the fact that it's ALMOST OCTOBER!!! I can't believe it. So, time for some fun Halloween crafts. Ty came home with a cute fall leaf from preschool this week which reminded me that we need some new decor for the holidays. My mom found the perfect costumes for the boys a week or so ago so now it's time for all the pumpkin fun. I'm not a huge holiday decorator, but I just love the colors of fall and there are so many creative fun things you can do.
I found these super cute and crafty treat ideas off parents.com I can't wait to try them out.
1 package (4-3/4 ounces chocolate cones (Nabisco Oreo Cones)
1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
Neon-green food coloring
12 cupcakes, removed from paper liners
Green and red tube icing
Mike and Ike Tangy Twister candies
1. Place chocolate frosting in a freezer-weight zip-top bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe base of cones, dip in orange nonpareils, and set aside.
2. Place 1/2 cup vanilla frosting in a another zip-top bag and snip off a small corner. Tint remaining frosting green and frost cupcakes.
3. Turn cupcakes on sides, then place decorated cones on top. Using vanilla frosting, pipe eyes on cupcakes. Attach chocolate chips for pupils and pipe a dot onto chips. Use red icing for mouths, green icing for warts; shape candies into noses. Pipe chocolate icing onto cupcakes for hair and sprinkle with chocolate jimmies.
1/4 cup green melting wafers
1 cup orange melting wafers
1 cup purple melting wafers
24 large marshmallows
Sprinkles, candy corn, and candy icing decorations
1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
1. Place melting wafers in separte small bowls. Microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Insert one end of lollipop sticks into melted green wafers. Push green-colored end of each stick into a marshmallow. Let set 3 minutes.
2. Dunk marshmallows into orange or purple melted wafers, shaking off any excess coating. Place on a sheet of wax paper, and top with assorted sprinkles or decorations.
3. To make faces, place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag, and snip off one tiny corner. Pipe face designs onto marshmallows.
I'll wait until I'm not sick to make them and then you can come on over and try them out:)