Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Too much fun

So the park in Rocklin is amazing. We had so much fun, and it's huge.

Tanner spent the first 30 min. on the swings. I couldn't believe that he actually said weeeee, for all 30 min. Then we joined Tyler on the play ground. I learned something new about my son yesterday too. I knew that Ty wasn't the most fearless kid on the block. He's always been a little more cautious than his brother.


Tyler has been a fan of Eric throwing him high in the air since day one. He laughs and asks for it again and again, where Tanner hates it. Even if it's a little throw, no thank you. When he gets back in your arms he holds on to your neck as tight as he can and wont let go. But, when it comes to climbing, Tyler's not been as courageous at that, where as Tanner is always on top of anything he can climb on, with no fear. Weird isn't it.

Well at the park, I learned Tyler's cautiousness is actually a true fear of heights. I noticed as he climbed a stairway to a slide that he would only crawl from one platform to the next. I thought it was a little strange, but didn't do anything about it. Then when we climbed a ladder together Tyler stopped about 2 feet from the top frozen in fear. He wouldn't move. I had to pull him up onto the platform where he hugged me tightly and wouldn't let go. I never knew that Tyler was so truly scared of heights. Well, now I know and each time we are at that park, we'll work on it little by little. Funny how you discover somethings about your kids.

1 comment:

Michal said...

that park looks amazing. we'll have to go check it out soon. how crowded was it? it doesn't look too bad in the video.