Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My New Sweet Tooth

So, many of you know I'm not a fan of chocolate, wired I know. But I also am not a huge fan of sweets period. I'd much rather have a big bowl of chips and salsa. Salt over sugar any day for me please. But something has happened this week and my salty side must be hiding cause I really want cookies, lots and lots of cookies. I found this recipe online sometime ago, but never got around to making them. I figured if I posted them today, it would put more pressure on me to make them and let you know if they taste good or not:) Dang, guess I'll have to go make a batch now.... ummmm I can smell them already. Enjoy!

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Squares

1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup raspberry jam
1 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup sliced almonds

Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add in the egg and extract and mix well. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture and press the rest into a 9X13 pan, slightly greased. Spread the jam over that layer. Mix the chocolate chips and almonds in with the reserved crumb mixture, then sprinkle over the jam layer until covered. Bake @ 350F for about 35 minutes.

No comments: