Sunday, March 2, 2008

6 Years and counting



This past Thursday Eric and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. It's been a wonderful 6 years. After our horribly long 9 month engagement, we were married in the Oakland Temple on the 28th. I had dreamed up this winter wonderland wedding and had everything to match the theme, all the way up to the dress. I has a strapless dress altered into a beautiful long sleeve wedding dress, and it was my dream dress. Who would of thought that it would be 70+ degrees in Oakland in February? Well, it was and I was so hot all day. Other than that the day went fairly flawless up until my reception. As I was preparing for my "grand entrance" I walked out of the dressing room and hear a loud splitting noise. "No way," I thought. See when I purchased my dress back in November of the previous year, I was recovering from a 4 month episode of mono, which has caused me to drop about 20 pounds. I had since regained my weight, and it was just enough apparently to split my dress. Panic. But luckily my families good friend Gail Adair was a quick thinker and a better fixer and pulled to zipper back together and all was fine, I just didn't breath for the rest of the night. It was also my parent's 20th wedding anniversary that night, so we were able to give a tribute to them during our reception, and it was probably the most memorable part of the whole night. Happy 26th mom and dad.

Since that night Eric and I have had a lot of fun turns in our road of life. We went back to Utah after our honeymoon in Tahoe. Oh, P.S., do not try to learn how to snowboard on your honeymoon. It makes for a very painful and sore rest of the weekend. In Utah, Eric continued going to school and we worked together as AMAZING sales persons at a small reading program company. Amazing like we were constantly the top two sales people in the company. Well Eric was number one, until I got hired... then I became #1 and we were able to say we were 1 and 2 in the company:) No Eric, I'll never let you live that fact down. But to Eric's credit, he did train me.

About 8 months later, we had the opportunity to move to California. I wasn't a huge fan of Utah, but I do miss the mountains, and we weren't moving to Wyoming, which is where Eric was from. I had brought Eric out to California on many occasions while we were dating. He had never seen the ocean before, and once I brought him out here, he fell in love. So it wasn't much of a debate. We moved to a cute duplex in Citrus Heights where Eric worked for various companies and then moved into the finical field, which he had a real knack for. I worked as a florist, and eventually opened my own company. Then I moved into running my own dance and fitness studio. Eric and I had Tyler in '04 and we where so excited to start a new page in our life. Parenthood. I left the studio and stayed at home, to shortly find myself needing more. I moved into photography and Eric moved to Wells Fargo, where he still is today and is leading his market in investments. Nice job babe. We then had Tanner in '06 and moved to Roseville. Life has been moving full speed ahead since then and it's been so much fun.

It's amazing to see our little ones grow and develop every day. It's fun to see how different their personalities are. Even though I never would have imagined my life to be what it is now... 6 years of marriage, two dogs, two kids, and my own business, I wouldn't change a single part of it, ever! I can't wait for what the future holds...

Here's to 6 years and counting.

3 comments:

Tanja said...

CONGRATS!! How did you get the playlist up? I still can't figure that one out.

Michal said...

congratulations! time flies when you're having fun (and babies;)

dena said...

Wow, everyone has an anniversary in March. My parents just had their 35th and our 3rd is coming up :) Happy anniversary to you guys and your parents as well.
xoxo,
dayna