Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What did we do?

Ty has great hair, at least I think he does. Since he was about one, it's been so fun to play with his hair and it looked so cute on him. As he got older, it changed a bit and became semi difficult to style and deal with. The top 1/2 is perfectly straight and silky then the bottom 1/2 become sulry and corse. Now I am no hair dresser... at all, but I get basic hair cutting rules. I've tried to cut his hair various ways and we've taken Ty to several hair dressers. It rarely comes out right and it's hard to get a good cut because his hair is so crazy. Eric never really understood that, and just kept saying it's uneven or it needs to be shorter or something. Finally I got tired of Eric's complaints about Ty's hair and decided to let him see what Ty would look like if he had shorter hair. (I already had an idea due to a accidental cut that got too short about a year and a half ago, but what do I know right?)

I cut off his curls and then took him to my friend to even out the top. Even after we had done that, it wasn't "blending" as Eric would say exactly right, so we cut a little more, then a little more, and finally I said enough before we gave him a buzz cut. Well, what do you know, Ty with short hair just isn't the Ty we know and love. Don't get me wrong, he's the cutest kid in the world, but now his hair makes him look, well, not so cute.

I can't wait for it to grow. I know Eric will probably want to put his two cents to this but for the record, not two days after we cute his hair he told me, and I quote, "I was looking at pictures of Ty today and I think I like his hair longer, let grow it out." Good thing his hair grows fast. It's growing on me a little, I love it when it's all spikey, but Ty thinks it's too mess like that and smooths it down faster than I can spike it up. Oh well, you live and learn right.

4 comments:

Life At MandyLand said...

Oh he is still adorable, But I have been there before with my boy's . They look so diffrent with a buzz but it will grow on you just give it some time

Diana said...

My little brother Peter let me cut his hair this summer. The only consolation I could give him was that the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is 2 weeks. In Peter's case it might be more like 2 months...

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I think he looks so cute with his new hair cut. If it were up to Jimmy he would buzz our boys heads without any kind of guard on the razor. Luckly he isn't the one cutting the hair. Tyler you look CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I love it short! You can see his cute eyes better!