Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week Wrap-up


So this week/1st half of the month was interesting. It seems that the summer was coming to a close so all the plugs got pulled out. Everything from extreme attitudes from the kids to a house that was out of control, work the was piled up and way over due, one super grumpy bride who wont leave me a lone and I can't wait until she goes away, a new budget to try and figure out how to make it work with our already penny-pinching lives and the constant one more thing that was put on the priority list of daily to-do's. I didn't know if I was going to make it.

Gratefully mid week I took a deep breath and step back to evaluate. That alone is a very hard thing for me to do. I kneeled down and said a big heartfelt prayer to Heavenly Father for help, not for patience, I've learned my lesson there. (You don't pray for patience unless you want more trials thrown at you to see if you'll deal with them better:) ) I asked that my heart be soften towards my children and my mind be cleared so I could successfully accomplish all my tasks at hand. Heavenly Father totally answered my prayers. By Thursday all the stresses from the beginning of the month started to turn around. I did kind of take some me time too as mentioned in the previous blog, but then I piled in and got to work. Yesterday morning I deep cleaned my living spaces and the boys rooms. Tomorrow is my bedroom and the bathrooms, and hopefully the kitchen will magically get cleaned by this hunky guy I know ;) During that time the kids and I stayed outside for almost a whole hour and the kids rode their bikes which they loved! Then I worked on some photography during the lunch hour and hit Costco with my mom for some much needed essentials that I had been putting off for too long. To wrap up the evening we hit a birthday party as a family and then I took off to a girlfriends house for an evening of much needed girl talk.

Can you believe it... what a full yet productive day. And overall, it was rather pleasant. Something has click, that rest button got pushed and I think maybe, just maybe my semi-normal chaotic life might be coming back. Thank goodness, I missed it.

No comments: