Friday, December 5, 2008

Three Kids, Two Dogs and a blog

Oh my goodness, where is all the extra time in the world? It obviously has been sucked right out of my house and is being used somewhere else because I'll tell ya.... I don't have a second to spare it seems. And finding time to blog... ha, that's been impossible.

I feel super, super behind so I have a few minutes before I have to pick up Ty, the baby is asleep and Tanner is tearing apart the toy cupboard, so I'll takes these few precious moments to eat my breakfast (at 11:15am) and type out a few things.

Our holidays were very nice this year. I went down to LA to visit my grandma and Aunt and Eric flew down Thanksgiving day to join us. I took off Tuesday with the boys and my parents. It ended up being a 7 hour trip, but they boys did very good considering. I have to thank my dad and feel a little sorry for him too. He had Ty in his car, and Ty didn't nap, or watch his movies, instead he talked THE WHOLE TIME! He is a major chatter box and believe me, he can talk for 7 hours, just ask my dad. It ended up raining while we were there, but the boys had their rain boots and grandpa took them out on several walks. After my dad brought them back from one of their more extensive outside adventures, Tanner literally had a cup of water pour out of his boots. Obviously they had a blast. My grandma got to meet her third greatgrand child, and she loved him. But who wouldn't love little Austin, he's perfect. On Wednesday my Grandma, Aunt and myself went and got our toes done. Oh my goodness, I almost forgot how much I love pedicures. We should all get them every week. Okay, maybe every other week. Austin came too and took a good snooze on my lap while I was pampered. Then that evening we all celebrated my Grandma's 85th birthday. She is such an amazing lady. And she only looks like she's 69 :) When Eric joined us we drove to my dad's cousin's house and had dinner with our extended family. I love getting together with everyone. It's so nice to have family. Our drive home was uneventful and I was so glad to be back in our own world. But we really did have a great time.

Okay, so I know that was super quick on the recap of the holiday, but Tanner gave up on the toys and he's now in my lap typing a letter every other word I write and I think the babies waking up, so until next time that there is a spare minute...

2 comments:

Tanja said...

It's great to see you online again. Good for you for being an attentive mom instead of ignoring our children to blog like some of us do from time to time..lol..

Diana said...

I can't believe you drove all that way with Austin! Was your mom in the car to help?!? You amaze me...