Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oh my darlin'

Today was great. It's been a week, and it's only Wednesday. One of these days I'll go back through my other blog entries and see how many start with, 'it's been a week', or something like that. They seem to be frequent. Nothing major has happened, there is just a lot going on that all needs my attention NOW! So today, I took the first half of the day off. My friend Wendy planned this great get away for me and a couple other gals and we packed up the kids and headed to Lake Clementine. It's just outside of Forrest Hill and it's so nice. The only downside to the morning was the smoke from the fires, but down at the water, it wasn't too bad. The lake, or river, or whatever you want to call it was refreshing, not too cold, just too cold for me, and it's super shallow for most of the area we stayed in. There were 7 kids there playing so nicely with each other. I think Tanner was the only one who cried, and it was almost always due to falling. He's not a huge fan of getting wet, but he always wants to be in the water, explain that to me? But all in all it was so nice to relax and spend a day away, even if it was just 20 min. away.
Now we are back in the real world, guess it's time to get to work. Dang.

2 comments:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Looks like you had a fun time. Hope the life jackets worked well for the kids.

Michal said...

that looks like so much fun. and i love the photo montage you did of the day. you are so talented!