Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our much needed shade!!

Today I found another Costco super buy.  But first let me tell you what led up to it.  Yesterday Ty had play group with his friends at the Roseville Aquatics Park.  We had never been there before, so I didn't know what to expect.  If you haven't been there, they have a gated area in the back with a shallow pool with a play structure in the middle of it with water going shooting every where.  We stayed for about 2 hours and the boys had a great time.  It wasn't too hot, so I was excited about the possibility of getting a little color on my legs.  After getting home and assessing my color, I was disappointed to find that little to no color went on my legs, as usual, and my shoulders had turned a nice bright red.  Dang it!  But back to the reason for the great buy... at the pool one of the mom's had this great umbrella.  I've wanted some kind of portable shade device since having Ty.  There always seems to be a great park or activity that comes up during the summer where there isn't enough shade.  My friend said she got here umbrella from Costco for under $20.  Sold.  So today while Eric took Ty to a movie (it's one of their favorite father-son activities) Tanner and I hit the store.  We grabbed our umbrella and a hot dog, of course, and came home to set up our new find.  I love it, and Tanner had a good time with it too.  Here's to a sunburn free summer from here on out.

1 comment:

Tanja said...

Gotta go! I'm on the way to Costco to get mine!!! We can meet up & have double the shade...