Thursday, September 8, 2011

No Bake Peanut Butter Pie


I am kind of laughing looking back at my last two posts. I started the perfect bite posts with that yummy snickerdoodle cupcake recipe, and followed up that post about me and working out. Is anyone else seeing the problem here? HA
Everything in moderation right?

And to help cement in my goal for "being health" even more, (because those first cupcakes were not helping AT ALL) I did make another batch of chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes the next day for the boys and gave most of the snickerdoodle ones away to friends so I would stop consuming them! And as I have said before chocolate is not so good according to me so those little treats didn't even get my attention once. I did use the left over cream cheese frosting which I might have had to help taste test a few times as I put them on the chocolate, but I was just making sure it had held up well in the fridge for the few days. It did, very well by the way.

But moving on moving on.... for dessert this weekend I was running very low on ingredients
around the house so I had to find something using the basics but still good because we were headed to a friends house for the night.

I found this no bake peanut butter pie which looked good plus I had everything I needed for it so it was the winner.

It was super simple, which is always a plus in my book. I had to put together a gram cracker crust but those are a snap to crush add butter and sugar and bake for a quick sec. Then I threw together all the pie ingredients, plopped it on top of the crust and into the freezer it went. I put some finely shredded chocolate chips on top because it needed a little oomph but after I thought of all the AMAZING things I could have added to the top like candy bars, caramel, oreos, peanut butter cups... really anything or a mix of them.

We ended up forgetting about the dessert the first night while we were chatting with friends, but I had made a second one and had that the next night with my family. It was the perfect treat as we ate it outside as the sunset on a lovely summer day. The taste was rich and creamy and the chill of the peanut butter was a fun surprise when eating a pie.

This is definitely a repeat recipe. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Ingredients

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 2 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts

Directions

  1. Beat together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Mix in peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
  2. Spoon into two 9 inch graham cracker pie shells; cover, and freeze until firm.
*** Dress up your pie and add whatever yummy, crunchy, sugary, salty, gooey topping your heart desires!****

No comments: