Sunday, July 4, 2010

Keeping It Outside

Still taking advantage of the weather, I had my dad cut out some small boards for the boys to have and do some painting. I made them strip down to their underwear, even though the paint is 'waterproof' I don't believe it. They dove right in.

Tanner just went for it, no plan in mind. He enjoyed mixed the colors and seeing what different shapes he could make. Ty was a little more specific on his picture as he started to make a rainbow. Austin even had a board with some paint, but most of the paint just ended up on his legs and he was done within about 2 minutes from when we started. He did however become every interested in what the boys were painting and wanted to a; add to their painting using his own creative eye, which did not sit well with the other artist, or b; step on the boards which cause all sorts of tears and pushing as the older two tried to save their artwork. I didn't want to stop the fun, but didn't know how else to keep Austins attention, so I filled up the pool for the little guy to keep him out of his brothers hair. It worked, kind of. As soon as Austin jumped in the pool, guess who wanted to join him? T & t. Ugh, so much for prolonging the painting experience. I asked the boys if they wanted to finish and they said no, they were done. As the boys jumped around in the pool I didn't want to waste all the paint so I flipped to boards over and started painting myself. I am no artist, unless it is on the computer or behind a camera, so I really had no plan for my art. I just had to use the rest of the paint that was in the bowls.
I was impressed with the results although I have no idea what I am going to do with them. Maybe I'll flip them back over and use the kids original paintings for a fun addition to my walls.

No comments: